The Foundation employs a single, annual grant making cycle. Potential applicants must first visit the Clipper Ship Grant Application website where you will be asked to register and create a profile.
The next grant cycle will open November 3, 2022.
- You will be asked to register and establish a password.
- You will have to verify your email address.
- Return to the site and complete a brief eligibility quiz.
- You will be directed to apply and asked to complete a four-step submission process, including:
- completing a brief organization profile,
- verify your 501(c)(3) status
- upload your Concept Paper (see requirements below) when you’re ready, and
- submit your application.
Applicants will be notified as to whether they have been invited to submit a full proposal in January, 2023. Invited applicants will receive instructions for completing a full proposal. Following proposal submission, applicants may be asked to host a site visit in April or May.
Milestone dates for the 2022/23 grant cycle
November 3: Applicants may access the Concept Paper application in the online application system
December 5: Concept Paper Deadline
January 26: Full Proposal Notification
February 24: Full Proposal Deadline
March-May: Site Visits, Calls with Management
June: Notification of Grant Decisions
Concept Paper Requirements
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief organizational profile, indicate the grant focus area (foster care, opportunity youth, or housing and shelter) of the request, and upload a brief (two-page maximum) Concept Paper explaining the organization’s goals, objectives, and intended impacts for the proposed request:
- Goals – Goals should present a unified vision of how this request will better position your organization to fulfill its goals and enhance sustainable impact within the context of the organization’s overall strategic plan.
- Objectives – Specific activities planned within a particular time period, consistent with a goal and strategy, a clear “milestone” towards your stated goals.
- Impact – Specific outcomes that will be achieved for your clients, your organization, and/or the broader field and measures for your success in achieving the proposed impacts
- Financing – Provide an overview of the budget requirements for the funding initiative and also provide a summary of the anticipated use of requested Clipper Ship funds.
Be sure to distinguish the initiative’s impacts clearly. Explain what is unique about your organization and why it is situated to achieve magnified impacts in addressing the needs of your clientele.
All concept papers and applications must be submitted thru the online platform.